Last week at the Content Marketing Conference in Las Vegas, ContentMX CEO Jeff Mesnik spoke with Lauren Cowher, Service Team Supervisor at WriterAccess on the topic of ‘Content Marketing is a Team Sport’. As part of the presentation, Jeff shared his tips how to maximize your marketing once you have that all-star team.
Here are some highlights from his talk:
- Keep it real
- Start with real goals
- Knowing and overcoming your content challenges will help drive your marketing success
- Are you telling the right stories and do they line up?
- Understand the benefits and power of each social media platform and social email newsletters and how they will help you maximize your marketing
- View the CMO’s Guide to the 2014 Social Landscape on CMO.com
- Don’t be afraid of expectations
- A great content marketing strategy should converge email marketing, SEO, social media and content marketing
- Make sure your marketing budget includes ways to obtain content